- 1 tin Batchelors Irish peas, drained & rinsed
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed or grated
- Small bunch coriander leaf, finely chopped
- ½ green chilli, deseeded and finely chopped
- Zest & juice of 1 lime
- ½ teaspoon ground cumin
- Sea salt & freshly ground black pepper
- For Dipping: carrots, celery, cherry tomatoes, radishes
- Put the peas into a large bowl and mash with a fork.
- Add the rest of the ingredients and season with salt & freshly ground black pepper.
- Mix well.
Serves 12Ingredients 800g potatoes, peeled and cubedSalt and black pepper1 x 400g tin of Batchelors Irish Peas100g breadcrumbsVegetable oil, for fryingTo serve: Rashers, fried eggs and/or butterMethod Place the potatoes in a pot and add enough cold water to cover them by about 2cm. Add a pinch of salt.Bring to a boil over a high heat, then [...]