Bird’s® is the original custard brand, established in 1837 and loved by generations ever since. Bird’s Custard is made and served in millions of homes where proper custard is at the heart of a good pud!
By Appointment to Her Majesty The Queen Manufacturers of Cakes and Culinary Products Premier Foods PLC St. Albans
Preparation and Usage
To make 1 pint (568ml)
On The Hob:
1. Put 2 tablespoons (35g) of custard powder and 1-2 tablespoons (15g-35g) of sugar in a basin.
2. Mix into a smooth paste with a little (approx. 2 tablespoons) milk taken from 1 pint (568ml).
3. Heat the remaining milk to nearly boiling and pour onto custard mix, stirring well.
4. Return to the saucepan and bring to the boil over a gentle heat, stirring continuously.
In The Microwave (750W):
1. Follow steps 1&2 above.
2. Add the remaining milk and cook on full power for 6 minutes, stirring halfway through cooking period.
3. Leave to stand for 1 minute before serving.
NB: All cooking appliances vary. These are guidelines only. Cooking time will differ for a lower or higher wattage microwave oven.
Bird’s custard powder can be made up with skimmed, semi-skimmed or full cream milk.
The thickness of the custard can be varied by using a little more or less milk as you prefer.
Sugar can be adjusted to suit your taste.
For perfect Bird’s custard; Ensure you have a smooth paste; Add the hot milk to the custard paste; Stir continuously.
Number of uses
This pack contains approximately 40 portions