No matter the weather sometimes all you want is a comforting dinner after a long day. A family favourite of ours is a hearty beef stew, this recipe is completely gluten free meaning the whole family can enjoy a comforting bowl!
Serve with rice, some extra potatoes or simply with some gluten free bread to mop up the tasty sauce.
Preparation Time - 10 minutes
Cooking Time - 4 - 8 hours (slow cooker)
Servings - 6
- 1.5kg stewing beef (chuck beef), cut into large bitesize chunks
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 3 carrots peeled and diced into large chunks
- 2 white onions peeled and quartered
- 2 celery stalks
- 400ml red wine
- 3 potatoes diced into large chunks
- 4 cloves of garlic minced
- 2 cans of tomatoes
- 500ml worth of Erin Oxtail soup
- Enough water to cover the stew in your slow cooker
- Salt to taste if necessary
- Bread and chives
- Preheat your slow cooker if necessary.
- Heat the oil in a large pan.
- Fry the beef until browned on all sides; do this in batches so the pan isn’t over crowded.
- Add the beef and all the other ingredients to the slow cooker. Add enough water just so everything is nicely covered. Cook on high for 4 hours or low for 8 hours. Season with salt if you like or feel it needs more.
- Serve with some gluten free bread and chopped chives over the top.