Warm up this winter with the ultimate Irish Farmhouse Soup. This traditional Irish food recipe is extremely easy to make. Mix it up with different seasonal vegetables to play with the flavour profile.
- 1 tbsp butter - preferably Kerrygold Irish Butter
- 1 clove garlic minced
- 1 onion chopped
- 1 leek sliced
- 2 large potatoes peeled & chopped
- 3 large carrots peeled & chopped
- 3 stalks celery chopped
- 4 cups vegetable stock
- 1/2 tsp salt - to taste
- 1/4 tsp pepper - to taste
- Place the butter in a large pot and place over a medium high heat.
- Once the butter has melted, add the garlic, onion, potato, and leek. Fry for 2 minute, then cover and sweat for 8 minutes.
- Add the stock, carrots, celery, lower the heat and simmer for about 20 minutes or until the vegetables are tender when you insert a fork.
- Season with a salt and pepper to taste
- Blitz with a food processor or a hand blender to get a thick, creamy and smooth soup.
- Serve with a dollop of fresh cream and a sprig of parsley.
- As with all soups, it gets better with time. Allow to settle and enjoy with Irish Soda Bread or Farmhouse Brown Bread.