Try a new approach on a household staple. Bring Irish Odlums flour, and mix in Walnuts for extra flavour, crunch and nutrition. The perfect marriage of Irish food, Irish taste and Irish flavour.
- 250g/8oz Odlums Coarse Wholemeal Flour
- 2 teaspoons Baking Powder
- 50g/2oz Butter
- 50g/2oz Muscovado Sugar
- 2 Eggs, beaten
- 2 Large Ripe Bananas, mashed
- Few drops Vanilla Extract
- 80g packet Chopped Walnuts
- Preheat oven to 170°C/325°F/Gas 3. Lightly grease and base line a 900g/2lb loaf tin.
- Cream butter, sugar and vanilla extract together. Add the egg, bananas and walnuts and mix well.
- Finally, stir in the flour and baking powder. Transfer to the prepared tin.
- Bake in a central oven position for about 45-50 minutes, until well risen and a knife gently pressed into the bread comes out clean.
- Allow to rest in tin for about 10 minutes, then turn onto a wire tray to cool.
- When cold, wrap in greaseproof paper and tinfoil.