Cherry + Macadamia Nut Brownies
These brownies are so delicious it's hard not to eat the entire tray to yourself. The recipe calls for creamy Kerrygold butter and is comfort food at its best!
Makes 6-8 Brownies
- 50g Macadamias, roughly chopped
- 25g Glacé / dried sour cherries
- 225g butter
- 100g plain flour
- 125g caster sugar
- 300g 70% Cocoa Dark Chocolate
- 100g milk chocolate
- 3 eggs
- Preheat the oven to 180'C.
- Mix the eggs and sugar well, until the mixture has paled and stiffened slightly.
- Chop up the butter and all the chocolate into a heat proof bowl and melt it in the microwave for about 3 minutes (or until melted).
- Mix the chocolate mixture into the sugar/egg mixture.
- Add the flour and mix this together.
- Add the cherries and macadamias
- Pour the mixture onto a baking trays lined with baking paper and leave in the oven for 35 minutes.
- Leave to cool for about 10 minutes to harden slightly.
Self-confessed food fanatic Kady O Connell has immersed herself in the foodie world of Sydney for the past four years. Originally from Limerick, she now lives in Bondi working with the top food bloggers and authors in Australia. She specialises in design, cookbooks, recipe development and food photography and lives and breathes food. Kady will be sharing a new recipe with us each week based on nutritional and tasty flavours.
Sausage + Sundried Tomato PizzaThere is nothing better than homemade pizzas, especially topped with delicious traditional Irish sausages! Enjoy!Makes 4 PizzasIngredients:Topping: 4 sausages, skin removed and cut into small chunks400g fior de latte / mozzarella250g semi-sundried tomatoes1 sprig rosemary, leaves plucked and chopped roughlyTomato Sauce: 200g tinned diced tomatoes2 garlic cloves, crushed1 tbsp olive oilSea salt and cracked [...]
Black Pudding, Pear + Blue Cheese SaladThis delicious salad is so quick and easy to make! Using only the best quality Irish Black pudding.Serves 2IngredientsDressing:1 tsp honey1 tsp apple cider vinegar1 tsp wholegrain mustard2 tbsp olive oilSea salt + cracked black pepperSalad:150g black pudding, sliced thinly1 tbsp olive oil40g blue cheese, crumbled1 small pear, sliced2 large [...]